Anchor/Reporter, Job #4-13
Posted at: 08/04/2010 10:05 AM | Updated at: 04/01/2013 8:39 AM
- Applicant must have a minimum of 2 years experience in television anchoring and reporting at a commercial television station.
- The ideal candidate has the ability to take a story beyond the basic facts and dig for the hidden details.
- Quick and effective decision making live ad-libbing and maintaining performance under extreme pressure.
- We are looking for a person with a positive attitude who knows how to be a team player.
- College degree is preferred.
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving history as determined by the Company. Driving record will be checked.
- Daily news reporting, including live coverage of breaking events.
- Assist in selecting stories for broadcast, researching, writing and gathering newscast and web content.
- Anchoring on a scheduled basis.
- Developing sources for enterprise stories.
- Maintain extensive community contacts and awareness of local and national current events.
- Provide newsroom leadership and contribute to overall team effort.
- Maintain appropriate and strict standards regarding wardrobe, hair, cosmetics and grooming.
- Shoot, write, edit, post to web and social media.
Must be able to perform the functions of the job. The company will make reasonable physical accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
*Please submit a demo tape in DVD format or a demo reel link of your on-air experience along with your resume and cover letter.
Kathy Knox, Job #4-13TV10
191 East Avenue
Rochester, New York, 14604
No telephone calls please.