The mandate is constitutional: In Plain English + Decision Preserves Obama’s Play for a Historic Presidency
Posted at: 06/29/2012 9:36 AM
By: Ken Preston | WHEC.com
The mandate is constitutional: In Plain English
Read it and rejoice. Affordable quality healthcare is good to go!!!
Decision Preserves Obama’s Play for a Historic Presidency
A NY Times article believes that The Affordable Care Act passage and vindication by the US Supreme court will be viewed by historian as being right up there in the social safety net laws as Social Security and Medicare. Me too.
Read more here: http://nyti.ms/NTl3yO
Another Supreme court Justice named Roberts makes history?
Thursday a majority of the Court upheld the constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act, otherwise known as Obamacare in recognition of its importance as a key initiative of the Obama administration. The big surprise, for many, was the vote by the Chief Justice of the Court, John Roberts, to join with the Court’s four liberals. http://bit.ly/NWG7Eu
Obamacare: What you need to know
Wondering what Obamacare means for you?
Here’s a quick rundown of how the Affordable Care Act is already making health care better—and is on track to do even more:
1. Young Americans ages 18 through 26 can now stay on their parents’ insurance plans.
2. Insurance companies now offer many preventive services for free, including flu shots, checkups, cancer screenings, and cholesterol checks.
3. Insurance companies will no longer be able to charge a woman more than a man for the same coverage.
4. The Medicare doughnut hole is closing, saving the seniors who fell into this coverage gap an average of $600 each on their prescriptions last year.
5. By 2014, no one can be denied insurance due to a pre-existing condition.
Find out exactly how the Affordable Care Act benefits you—check out the app.