August 11, 2017 09:54 PM
On August 10, parts of Howard road, Hinchey road, Firestone Drive and Hidden Valley were hit by a person or people going through cars.
Most of the riffled vehicles were unlocked.
Change and valuables were stolen.
Gates police asking for your help catching the suspects.
Locations of Break-ins/thefts
Howard Rd. by Hinchey
Tips to help the police:
1. Leave some exterior lights on.
2. Lock car doors
3. Don't leave any valuables in your car (keys, purses, electronics, firearms).
4. If you see someone in your neighborhood late at night walking or riding a bicycle, we would appreciate a call to 911. A person on a bicycle was observed around 2:45am on Hidden Valley - told a resident he was "lost". Most likely may have been part of the thefts from last night. If you are going to work or coming home at that 2am, 3am, 4am, 5am time frame, be alert to people out and call 911.
5. Don't confront anyone if you see something, quietly call 911. It's not uncommon to look out your bedroom window late at night and see someone inside your car; quietly call 911 so we can get officers into your neighborhood.
6. If you see cars with their "interior dome lights on", they likely have been through your neighborhood - call 911.
We will have extra patrols driving through the neighborhoods - late at night - attempting to intercept these suspects. We are usually pretty good at catching them - we would appreciate your efforts to be observant and call 911.
Created: August 11, 2017 09:54 PM
Copyright 2017 - WHEC-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company