June 19, 2017 03:42 PM
Two men have admitted their guilt in a drive-by shooting that followed a vigil last summer on North Clinton Avenue.
Monday, 18-year-old James Graham and 19-year-old Samar Barron both pleaded guilty to manslaughter for the death of 24-year-old Ali Huntley Junior.
A third man, 20-year-old Isaiah Parker, also pleaded guilty to charges of tampering with evidence related to the homicide.
On July 12, 2016, prosecutors said Huntley had been leaving a vigil for another victim of a deadly shooting on North Clinton Avenue when a vehicle driven by Barron pulled up. At that point, prosecutors say Graham, a passenger in Barron's vehicle, opened fire on Huntley who died as a result of the shooting.
Huntley had just left a vigil for 20-year-old Jeffrey Priester -- who himself was killed in a shooting just days before Huntley's slaying.
After the crime, prosecutors say Parker attempted to hide the vehicle used in the attack by having it towed.
Graham and Barron will serve 17 years in prison, prosecutors say, and Parker will serve one year in Monroe County Jail. Graham and Barron will be officially sentenced next month; Parker will be sentenced in August.
Assistant District Attorney Greg Colavecchia said in a release: "Together, James Graham and Samar Barron senselessly took the life of Mr. Huntley. An innocent life was lost due to the selfish actions of these two defendants and thanks to the hard work and dedication of the Rochester Police Department, Parker’s attempt to hinder the investigation was unsuccessful. Our hope is that this will help to bring closure to the victim’s friends and family as well as deter this type of unthinkable criminal behavior in the future."
Updated: June 19, 2017 03:42 PM
Created: June 19, 2017 03:38 PM
Copyright 2017 - WHEC-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company