Advertisement

18-year-old RIT student revived after being shocked

December 08, 2017 10:05 AM

An 18-year-old RIT student had to be revived after he was shocked working on a project in Chili.

Deputies say Parker Anderson was working on a project in the basement of his home on Dortmund Circle in Chili when he was hurt. Investigators say he was trying to build a "Jacob's Ladder" device -- an electrical experiment.

Advertisement – Content Continues Below

Anderson was taken to the hospital where he is in guarded.

“It appears he used a microwave transmitter to create a Jacob's Ladder and he was using the power to get the amps to come up," says Lt. Dean Tuthill, Monroe County Sheriff's Office. "It was like 2,100 volts. No explosion at all it was just electricity transferred to his body."

WHECTV

Copyright 2017 - WHEC-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company

Advertisement
Advertisement
Relay Media Amp

We no longer have Facebook comments on this site. Please visit our Facebook Page to join the conversation.