Posted at: 08/11/2009 6:06 AM | WHEC.com
Updated at: 08/11/2009 8:38 AM

Bookmark and Share  |  Print Story

Washing machine starts fire on Bardin Street

Firefighters put out a fire at a house on the city's northwest side. It happened on Bardin Street, which is off West Ridge Road.     

Firefighters said when they got to the house a washing machine was on fire. They put the fire out quickly but there was smoke throughout the first floor apartment.
    
One person lived there and got out safely. The other three apartments in the house weren't affected. Just last Wednesday, a neighbor helped rescue people from another house fire on that small street.

To support relief efforts of the American Red Cross in emergencies like this one, click here to donate now.

For more Rochester, N.Y. news go to our website www.whec.com.

More