QUICK LINKS:

Self-cleaning oven may have started fire in Greece home

Updated: 03/30/2014 9:46 PM
Created: 03/30/2014 5:28 PM WHEC.com

Fire officials in Greece say a malfunctioning self-cleaning oven may have started a fire in a home Sunday Afternoon.

It happened on Latta Road, near Long Pond Road.

Officials say it started as a stove fire, and flames rose up into the cabinets in the kitchen. We're told two people were home at the time, but were able to get out safely.

No injuries are reported and the fire is still under investigation.     





News10NBC/WHEC-TV welcomes your opinion and interaction on our website, but please remember to keep it clean. If you're advertising for another business, being profane, vulgar or slanderous your post will be deleted. By commenting on this website, you agree that anything you post may be used, along with your name and profile picture, in accordance with our Privacy Policy and the license you have granted pursuant to our Terms of Use. Comments are not pre-screened before they posted.

Flood Advisory

NY AREAS AFFECTED: Monroe
Expires: 7/29/2014 12:30 PM

Rochester

Overcast
58°
73° | 53°
  • Feels like: 58° F
  • Wind: W 5mph
  • Humidity: 90%
  • Wed Partly cloudy, chance of a thunderstorm
    75° | 56°
  • Thu Few showers
    75° | 58°
  • Fri Occasional showers possible
    80° | 58°
  • Sat Partly cloudy with a stray thunderstorm
    80° | 60°