Pharmaceutical waste collection day
Posted at: 05/29/2012 12:14 PM | Updated at: 05/29/2012 12:28 PM
Monroe County is partnering Wegmans and the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office to host a pharmaceutical waste collection day.
The collection will take place on Saturday, June 2 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Calkins Road Wegmans in Henrietta.
To date, more than 20,000 pounds of pharmaceutical waste has been collected locally.
There will be two additional, free pharmaceutical waste collections. One is scheduled for July 28th at the Mt. Read Boulevard Wegmans and the second collection will be on September 29th at the Holt Road store in Webster.
Residents are also able to drop off their unwanted and unused prescription and over-the-counter medicines to the Monroe County Sheriff's Office Substation and the Fairport, East Rochester, Greece and Ogden Police Departments on a monthly basis.
Drop-offs are held on the following days & times:
- Sheriff's A-Zone in Pittsford – Second Tuesday of each month from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Fairport Police Department -- First Wednesday of each month from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- East Rochester Police Department – Third Wednesday of each month from 10 a.m. -1 p.m.
- Greece Police Department – Second Wednesday of each month from 9 a.m. - 12 noon
- Ogden Police Department – First Friday of each month from 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- Brockport Police Department -- June 1st, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., and on October 1st, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.