Department of Health warns of hazardous debris following Livingston County fire
Posted at: 07/05/2012 10:01 PM | Updated at: 07/05/2012 10:05 PM
The Livingston County Health Department is warning residents about possibly toxic debris following a fire at the Livonia Elementary School Thursday.
Officials say that wind carried debris from the fire to residences in the area. The debris may be contaminated with toxic material and shouldn't be touched, according to an alert put out by the Health Department.
Crews will be working to collect the debris, but officials say if residents must move debris themselves to use gloves to avoid contact and to wash their hands afterward with soap and water.
Anybody who finds debris on their property is asked to call the Department of Health at (585) 243-7280 or the Public Health Duty Officer at 243-7100.