Family escapes early morning fire in Clarendon
Posted at: 10/11/2012 4:33 AM
One adult and two children escaped a fire in Orleans County early Thursday morning.
Firefighters were called to a home on Howard Road in the Town of Claredon just after 1 a.m. Officials say the fire started in the garage and spread to the house. They also say that it appears a wood stove may have sparked the blaze. Officials say smoke detectors alerted the people inside.
Firefighters tell News10NBC that the blaze was difficult to fight because there were no water hydrants in the area. Officials say that seven fire companies responded to the fire.