Monroe County no longer in state of emergency
Posted at: 10/30/2012 5:45 AM | Updated at: 10/30/2012 10:18 AM
Monroe County Executive Maggie Brooks says the County is no longer in a state of emergency and has rescinded the evacuation order.
As of 9:30 a.m., the Dome Arena is the only shelter open. This will remain open until Brooks is assured that all residents are able to return to their homes.
Currently, there are eight roads in the County that are closed and seven are under evaluation. Many traffic signals in the area are also out. You should treat those as a four-way stop.
The roads impacted are:
- Stone Road, Greece between Castleford Road and Willis Avenue
- Latta Road, Greece between Silver Fox Circle and Castle Creek
- 5 Mile Line Road, Penfield, between Whalen Road and Route 286
- Lake Road, Webster between Pellet Road and Baker Road
- Holt Road, Webster between Nestwood Lane and Shoemaker Road
- East Avenue, Sweden, between Anitas Lane and Sweden Walker Road
- Roosevelt Highway, Hamlin, between Route 260 and Hamlin Parma Town Line Road
- True Hickory Drive, Greece, off of Hemlock Woods Lane
County and City offices are open Tuesday while parks will remain closed.
There have been no reports of injuries or fatalities during the storm in Monroe County.