Cobbles Elementary School named top elementary school by Business First
Posted at: 06/04/2013 8:19 AM | Updated at: 06/04/2013 9:17 AM
A Penfield elementary school has been named to the top of Business First’s academic rankings of Rochester area elementary schools.
Cobbles Elementary School is number one in this year’s standings. According to the report, it ranks among the region’s three best elementary schools in English and math. Scribner Road, Harris Hill and Indian Landing in the Penfield Central School District also made the list.
Business First rated 160 public elementary schools across the Rochester Area, using four years of standardized test data for third and fourth graders. All raw statistics came from the New York State Education Department.
The Rochester Area is defined as a region that includes Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Schuyler, Seneca, Steuben, Wayne and Yates counties. It contains 67 school districts.
Top 20 elementary schools:
1. Cobbles ES (Penfield)
2. Mendon Center ES (Pittsford)
3. Scribner Road ES (Penfield)
4. Iroquois School (West Irondequoit)
5. Jefferson Road ES (Pittsford)
6. Seneca School (West Irondequoit)
7. Harris Hill ES (Penfield)
8. Pine Brook ES (Greece)
9. Thornell Road ES (Pittsford)
10. French Road ES (Brighton)
11. Listwood School (West Irondequoit)
12. Briarwood School (West Irondequoit)
13. Park Road ES (Pittsford)
14. Bernabi ES (Spencerport)
15. Frederick Carder ES (Corning-Painted Post)
16. Fyle ES (Rush-Henrietta)
17. Indian Landing ES (Penfield)
18. Erwin Valley ES (Corning-Painted Post)
19. Rogers School (West Irondequoit)
20. Manor IS (Honeoye Falls-Lima)