Indictment unsealed for Rochester man accused in double homicide and shooting of Rochester Police officer
Posted at: 07/26/2013 12:06 PM | Updated at: 07/26/2013 5:20 PM
The Rochester man accused of shooting a police sergeant is now facing charges in that case.
Ralph Strong Jr. is now facing charges of aggravated assault on a police officer, attempted murder, assault and reckless endangerment.
He is already charged with two counts of first degree murder in connection with the shooting deaths of two men outside a nightclub on Central Avenue last month.
City police say when they tried to question Strong about those murders, he drove off, firing shots that injured the sergeant. Police fired back, wounding Strong.
On Friday, Strong was battered and bruised as he plead not guilty to the new charges.
Paul Vacca, defense attorney, said, “He was shot five times. He has eight holes in him. He maintains his innocence. We plead not guilty.”
Bobby Johnson, father of shooting victim, said, “This didn't have to happen. It just, something happened. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I can't say, I wasn't there.”
Strong will be back in court on the charges on October 12.