Chief: Only lone gunman in Navy Yard rampage

Posted at: 09/16/2013 10:53 PM
By: Associated Press | WHEC.com

Bookmark and Share Print Story

D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier says authorities believe there was only a lone gunman responsible for the Navy Yard shooting rampage that left 13 people dead.
 
Authorities had earlier said they were searching for a possible second suspect.
 
Mayor Vincent Gray says the 12 shooting victims range in age from 46 to 73 years old. The gunman, identified as 34-year-old Aaron Alexis, was also killed.
 
Gray said at a news conference late Monday night that they are still notifying the families of about half of the 12 people who were killed.
 
The FBI says the gunman used a valid pass to get on to the Navy Yard.

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
 


Have a story you want our news team to investigate? Call us at 585-232-1010, click here to send us an e-mail or leave us a Facebook post or tweet.




Advertisement

Advertisement

Site Index