QUICK LINKS:

Family saved by quick thinking and smoke detectors

Created: 09/30/2013 7:39 AM WHEC.com

A fire in an attached garage stopped from spreading to the home. It happened around 3:30 a.m. on Highview Drive in Hamlin.

Fire officials say a family of four was saved by quick thinking and working smoke detectors. News10NBC is told one of the adults was alerted by a detector and checked the garage which is directly below the bedrooms.

Firefighters tell us that person closed the door and got the rest of the family outside. That action prevented the fire from spreading.

Fire officials tell us there were no injuries and that the fire was put out quickly.



Rochester

Broken Clouds
80°
86° | 59°
  • Feels like: 83° F
  • Wind: SSW 3mph
  • Humidity: 67%
  • Sun A few thunderstorms possible
    79° | 69°
  • Mon Afternoon thunderstorms
    83° | 66°
  • Tue Showers and thunderstorms
    86° | 65°
  • Wed Abundant sunshine
    79° | 60°