Updated: 02/09/2014 6:55 PM
Created: 02/09/2014 2:00 PM WHEC.com
The Red Cross says they are assisting two adults following a fire at a home in Hilton.
Calls for that fire came in around 11:40 a.m. Sunday morning.
When firefighters arrived, they found a fire in the basement that and heavy smoke throughout the house. Crews were able to contain it to the basement, but floor joist.
One person was home at the time of the fire, but they made it out safely after being alerted by smoke detector. Firefighters are still investigating the fire, but believe the fire may have started in the dryer and extended to rest of basement.
The Red Cross is assisting two adults from the home with emergency housing and food.