Updated: 02/14/2014 6:31 AM
Created: 02/13/2014 6:06 PM WHEC.com
By: Joangel Concepcion
News10NBC has an update on a case that shocked our community almost three years ago. A man convicted of sexually abusing a nine-year-old boy, threatening to kill him and tattooing his arm, was released from prison two weeks ago.
Forty four-year-old Arthur Moore was sentenced to three years in prison for the crimes. After serving most of his punishment, he was released back into the community.
But News10NBC received a fax from the City of Rochester saying two days after Arthur Moore was released from prison, he was arrested yet again for a parole violation. Court documents show he was arrested earlier this month for trespassing on a residential property and he remains in the Monroe County Jail. News10NBC is trying to find out how long he could be in jail. But that does not make it any easier for the family of the boy who was sexually abused.
The victim’s mother reached out to News10NBC. She says her son was so terrified of what happened, they were forced to move. She says her son has had anger issues and problems at school since the attack. He has even tried to commit suicide several times. Even though Moore is in jail right now, the boy’s mother is terrified that he could attack again and possibly harm someone else.
Victim’s mom said, “I don't trust this man and I don't think any parent should trust this man around their kids. Are the children safe? Who's to say he's not going to do this again? Just protect your kids. Just make sure you know who you're dealing with before you let anyone in your house.”
When News10NBC told the victim’s mother that Moore is off the streets right now, she told us she is ecstatic and her family is sure to sleep easier tonight.
We don’t know when Moore will be released from the Monroe County Jail, but we do know that when he is released, he will be living in the city of Rochester and he will be supervised until January 31, 2024.