QUICK LINKS:

Puppies rescued from fire in Phelps

Created: 03/08/2014 10:41 PM WHEC.com

A homeowner and their nine dogs are safe after a fire damaged their Ontario County home Saturday morning.

Crews were called to the scene on Lester Road in Phelps around 10:30 a.m.  Sheriff's deputies and firefighters say they were able to rescue the seven puppies and two adult dogs from the home. Investigators say the fire was started when a cigarette was placed in a plastic container on the back porch. The home sustained extensive damage. The Red Cross is currently assisting the homeowner and animals.





News10NBC/WHEC-TV welcomes your opinion and interaction on our website, but please remember to keep it clean. If you're advertising for another business, being profane, vulgar or slanderous your post will be deleted. By commenting on this website, you agree that anything you post may be used, along with your name and profile picture, in accordance with our Privacy Policy and the license you have granted pursuant to our Terms of Use. Comments are not pre-screened before they posted.

Rochester

Broken Clouds
59°
73° | 53°
  • Feels like: 59° F
  • Wind: SW 7mph
  • Humidity: 81%
  • Wed Partly cloudy, chance of a thunderstorm
    75° | 56°
  • Thu Few showers
    75° | 58°
  • Fri Occasional showers possible
    80° | 58°
  • Sat Partly cloudy with a stray thunderstorm
    80° | 60°