QUICK LINKS:

Dryer catches fire leading to a porch fire

Updated: 03/16/2014 6:59 PM
Created: 03/16/2014 6:57 PM WHEC.com

It was a scary ordeal for two people Sunday afternoon, when their dryer caught fire and forced them out of their home.

It happened around 3:00pm at a home on Carter Street.

The Rochester Fire Department tells us they were able to put the fire out quickly, and contain it to the enclosed front porch.

Fire officials say a fire alarm alerted the two people who were home, and they were able to get out safely without injury.  





News10NBC/WHEC-TV welcomes your opinion and interaction on our website, but please remember to keep it clean. If you're advertising for another business, being profane, vulgar or slanderous your post will be deleted. By commenting on this website, you agree that anything you post may be used, along with your name and profile picture, in accordance with our Privacy Policy and the license you have granted pursuant to our Terms of Use. Comments are not pre-screened before they posted.

Rochester

Broken Clouds
66°
80° | 65°
  • Feels like: 66° F
  • Wind: W 6mph
  • Humidity: 93%
  • Wed Sunshine
    79° | 61°
  • Thu Abundant sunshine
    83° | 57°
  • Fri Afternoon showers and thunderstorms
    88° | 62°
  • Sat A few morning showers
    71° | 59°