QUICK LINKS:

Six people hospitalized after carbon monoxide leak

Created: 03/26/2014 3:57 AM WHEC.com

Rochester firefighters say six people will survive thanks to their carbon monoxide detector.

Firefighters say they were called to a home on Avenue A for a carbon monoxide alert around 9:15 p.m. Tuesday. News10NBC is told six people made it out of the duplex safely. They were transported to Rochester General Hospital for evaluation. Officials say the leak came from a furnace. Firefighters say the situation could have been a lot worse if the home did not have a working carbon monoxide detector.





News10NBC/WHEC-TV welcomes your opinion and interaction on our website, but please remember to keep it clean. If you're advertising for another business, being profane, vulgar or slanderous your post will be deleted. By commenting on this website, you agree that anything you post may be used, along with your name and profile picture, in accordance with our Privacy Policy and the license you have granted pursuant to our Terms of Use. Comments are not pre-screened before they posted.

Rochester

Overcast
69°
79° | 70°
  • Feels like: 69° F
  • Wind: NW 9mph
  • Humidity: 68%
  • Thu More sun than clouds
    74° | 58°
  • Fri Sunshine
    78° | 54°
  • Sat Times of sun and clouds
    84° | 59°
  • Sun Scattered thunderstorms possible
    82° | 65°