QUICK LINKS:

Self-cleaning oven may have started fire in Greece home

Updated: 03/30/2014 9:46 PM
Created: 03/30/2014 5:28 PM WHEC.com

Fire officials in Greece say a malfunctioning self-cleaning oven may have started a fire in a home Sunday Afternoon.

It happened on Latta Road, near Long Pond Road.

Officials say it started as a stove fire, and flames rose up into the cabinets in the kitchen. We're told two people were home at the time, but were able to get out safely.

No injuries are reported and the fire is still under investigation.     





News10NBC/WHEC-TV welcomes your opinion and interaction on our website, but please remember to keep it clean. If you're advertising for another business, being profane, vulgar or slanderous your post will be deleted. By commenting on this website, you agree that anything you post may be used, along with your name and profile picture, in accordance with our Privacy Policy and the license you have granted pursuant to our Terms of Use. Comments are not pre-screened before they posted.

Flood Watch

NY AREAS AFFECTED: Genesee; Northern Erie; Southern Erie; Wyoming
Expires: 11/26/2014 7:00 AM

Rochester

Overcast
25°
28° | 19°
  • Feels like: 16° F
  • Wind: SW 8mph
  • Humidity: 81%
  • Sat Considerable cloudiness
    42° | 17°
  • Sun Mostly cloudy
    52° | 34°
  • Mon Plenty of sun
    61° | 46°
  • Tue Windy with clouds
    46° | 37°