Updated: 04/17/2014 6:30 AM
Created: 04/16/2014 9:46 PM WHEC.com
Fire crews rescued a dog from a house fire in Brighton Wednesday afternoon.
Officials say a neighbor called to report the fire on Penhurst Road. When crews arrived on the scene, they found smoke coming from the home. Firefighters forced their way inside and extinguished the fire on the first floor and in the attic.
The homeowners were not in the house at the time, but a dog was inside. The dog made it out safely.
Investigators say the fire was caused by a malfunction of a radon reduction system.