Updated: 05/02/2014 6:15 AM
Created: 05/01/2014 11:15 PM WHEC.com
By: Scott Kilbury
It's certainly been a long and difficult last few years for the Medley Centre under owner Scott Congel.
Congel bought the already-struggling mall back in 2007 and less than two years later, doors were closed to shoppers for good.
Shortly after that, Congel was given the tax break agreement by the county, town and school board, but missed a number of payments along the way.
Back in January, several pipes cracked and parts of the vacant mall were flooded. News10NBC was the first to bring you the pictures from inside the mall, showing the damage.
In March, the town of Irondequoit told Congel to take care of code violations cited by the fire marshal or face legal action and possible fines. Last month, an ultimatum from Monroe County Executive Maggie Brooks during her State of the County address, giving Congel until the end of business Thursday to pay back the $3.8 million owed in overdue payments.
Maggie Brooks said Thursday that the county will now move forward with ending that tax break agreement.