Updated: 05/29/2014 7:17 AM
Created: 05/29/2014 4:15 AM WHEC.com
Three people and their pets were rescued from a fire in Marion on Wednesday.
Firefighters say they were called to North Main Street around 11 p.m. They say heavy flames were coming from the kitchen near the back of the home. Investigators learned the fire was started by a faulty toaster. Officials say the fire was put out within half an hour. Along with the residents, crews were able to rescue two dogs from the home. Officials say no one was injured.
The Red Cross is currently assisting the family with housing.