QUICK LINKS:

Three people are safe after a fire in Wayne County

Updated: 05/29/2014 7:17 AM
Created: 05/29/2014 4:15 AM WHEC.com

Three people and their pets were rescued from a fire in Marion on Wednesday.

Firefighters say they were called to North Main Street around 11 p.m. They say heavy flames were coming from the kitchen near the back of the home. Investigators learned the fire was started by a faulty toaster. Officials say the fire was put out within half an hour. Along with the residents, crews were able to rescue two dogs from the home. Officials say no one was injured.

The Red Cross is currently assisting the family with housing.





News10NBC/WHEC-TV welcomes your opinion and interaction on our website, but please remember to keep it clean. If you're advertising for another business, being profane, vulgar or slanderous your post will be deleted. By commenting on this website, you agree that anything you post may be used, along with your name and profile picture, in accordance with our Privacy Policy and the license you have granted pursuant to our Terms of Use. Comments are not pre-screened before they posted.

Rochester

Clear
63°
78° | 54°
  • Feels like: 63° F
  • Wind: SW 5mph
  • Humidity: 70%
  • Sat Scattered thunderstorms possible
    82° | 59°
  • Sun Partly cloudy with a stray thunderstorm
    82° | 65°
  • Mon Cloudy with showers and thunderstorms.
    71° | 62°
  • Tue Occasional showers possible
    71° | 58°