Updated: 06/02/2014 7:52 PM
Created: 06/02/2014 7:51 PM WHEC.com
A Rochester man convicted in a double murder has been granted a new hearing after his attorney says they learned about new evidence.
Charles Pierre claims he was wrongly convicted of killing two people on First Street in 2002. Investigators say the bodies were found inside a burning home. However, attorneys claim another man, Darrell Boyd, recently came forward after he was convicted earlier this year for a similar crime he committed in 2007.
Van White, Pierre’s attorney, said, “The attorneys, at the time, did not have the confession. I don't think there's any doubt that there would be reasonable doubt.”
So far, Pierre has been in prison for 12 years. His new hearing to review the evidence for a possible new trial has been set for June 23.