Created: 06/20/2014 12:19 PM WHEC.com
A 45-year-old Irondequoit man has been convicted by a jury of producing child pornography, possession of child pornography and transporting a minor across state lines with the intent to engage in illegal sexual activity.
Assistant U.S. Attorneys Tiffany Lee and Craig Gestring said in January 2009, a minor reported she had been sexually abused by Michael Schluter. We are told Schluter took photographs of the minor and transported her to another state for the purpose of attacking her sexually.
"Thanks to the jury's verdict in this case, this defendant will now serve a lengthy sentence for his despicable actions," said U.S. Attorney Hochul. "The defendant, who sought to take away the innocence of a child, instead succeeded only in losing his own freedom - if not forever, then certainly for a very long period of time."
Schluter will be sentenced on September 17.