Thirteen people escape house fire on Post Avenue

Created: 07/08/2014 6:34 AM WHEC.com

Thirteen people escaped a house fire early Tuesday morning on Post Avenue in Rochester.

Firefighters say a stove left on for several hours sparked the fire and caused flames to spread to the wall and ceiling.

Someone sleeping on the couch smelled smoke and woke up eight adults and five children inside the home. No one was hurt.

It's not clear when anyone will be allowed back into the home.

News10NBC/WHEC-TV welcomes your opinion and interaction on our website, but please remember to keep it clean. If you're advertising for another business, being profane, vulgar or slanderous your post will be deleted. By commenting on this website, you agree that anything you post may be used, along with your name and profile picture, in accordance with our Privacy Policy and the license you have granted pursuant to our Terms of Use. Comments are not pre-screened before they posted.


Broken Clouds
75° | 55°
  • Feels like: 73° F
  • Wind: 0mph
  • Humidity: 55%
  • Tue Thunderstorms
    77° | 60°
  • Wed Times of sun and clouds
    75° | 62°
  • Thu Chance of afternoon showers
    73° | 56°
  • Fri Partly cloudy
    78° | 54°