Updated: 07/12/2014 7:03 PM
Created: 07/12/2014 10:03 AM WHEC.com
A man was seriously injured following an early Saturday morning fire on the city's southwest side.
Firefighters were called to Hawley Street, just before 6:30 a.m., for a report of smoke coming from a house.
When they arrived, crews found smoke coming from the third floor and a kitchen fire on that floor. They also found an unconscious male in the apartment. That male was rushed to Strong Memorial Hospital with what firefighters believe are serious injuries.
Fortunately, no one else was injured in the fire and other tenants were alerted by smoke alarms. Fire and smoke damage was limited to the third floor and attic. Ten people total were living in the building at the time, including two people on the third floor.