Updated: 08/08/2014 6:19 PM
Created: 08/08/2014 6:18 PM WHEC.com
Attendees at the New York City music festival where two people died last year will be required to watch an anti-drug video before admission this year.
The final day of last year's Electric Zoo festival was called off after two people, including Jeff Russ, of Greece, died of what the city medical examiner said was an overdose of the drug MDMA combined with hyperthermia.
Ticket buyers at this year's festival on Randall's Island Aug. 29-31 will have to watch a 2-minute video about MDMA, known as molly or ecstasy.
Festival spokesman Stefan Friedman says the code to activate festival-goers' wristbands will be in the video, so they won't be admitted unless they have watched it.
The video shows a man at a concert rubbing a powder on his gums and becoming increasingly sweaty and incoherent.