Updated: 08/27/2014 10:03 AM
Created: 08/27/2014 9:05 AM WHEC.com
An Ontario County sheriff’s deputy on patrol helped save a family from their burning home in Canandaigua.
We're told a family of eight was inside when their porch caught fire around 2 a.m. Wednesday on State Route 21. Deputies say children as young as two and 10 months old were inside. Luckily everyone made it out safely.
Crews put out the fire and we're told the family was able to go back inside.
Deputies belive the fire was accidental and started by a discarded cigarette butt.