Updated: 08/29/2014 10:11 AM
Created: 08/29/2014 7:31 AM WHEC.com
Firefighters say a furnace malfunction is to blame for a fire at a metal facility in Fairport.
Crews were called to the scene at a Jasco Heat Treatment Plant on Macedon Center Road just after midnight Friday. Extra crews were called to help battle the flames after concerns of them possibly spreading to other parts of the building. News10NBC has learned there were people working at the plant when the fire broke out, but they were able to evacuate safely. Investigators say the building was not badly damaged.
In April 2013, firefighters were called to the building for another fire caused by a furnace malfunction. No one was injured.