September 11, 2017 10:13 PM
Fire crews worked to knock down a two-alarm fire at a commercial laundry facility on St. Paul Street -- the third fire at that building in a year.
Calls for the fire came in around 5:45 p.m. Monday. A second alarm was called because of the sheer size of the building.
If this story sounds familiar, that's because the same thing has happened twice before in the last five months.
In April, firefighters responded for a fire at the facility that started in a dryer. A few months later, in July, fire crews were back to Alsco for a three-alarm blaze. At the time, crews said that "a spontaneous combustion of textiles" sparked the fire. The fire on Monday was also sparked by textiles, firefighters tell News10NBC.
On Monday, firefighters say sprinklers mostly took care of the blaze and crews were able to quickly contain the rest of the flames.
"We have been here before because of the type of operation this is -- a laundry facility," said Lt. Dana Cieslinski. "Things like this can happen. Thankfully there are sprinklers in the building."
Thankfully, no firefighters or workers were hurt in the fire.
Updated: September 11, 2017 10:13 PM
Created: September 11, 2017 06:38 PM
Copyright 2017 - WHEC-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company