2021 National Women’s Hall of Fame ceremony pushed back to 2022

SENECA FALLS, N.Y. (WHEC) — The National Women’s Hall of Fame in Seneca Falls is postponing this year’s induction ceremony.

The organization said Thursday the decision was made following conversations with inductees, their representatives, and other groups about the COVID-19 pandemic.

The ceremony was slated for this October, but will now be held in September of 2022.


All tickets for the induction ceremony and the induction gala will be honored at the rescheduled events. Ticket holders who are unable to attend may request a 95 % refund by emailing induction@womenofthehall.org. Organizers say the remaining 5% will be used to cover unreimbursable processing costs.

Refunds will take 1-2 weeks to process.

Inductees include:

  • Octavia Butler, Author
  • Judy Chicago, Artist
  • Rebecca Halstead, Brigadier General, Ret., Motivational Speaker
  • Mia Hamm, Olympic Athlete, Philanthropist
  • Joy Harjo, Poet
  • Emily Howland, Activist, Educator
  • Katherine Johnson, NASA Mathematician
  • Indra Nooyi, Business Executive
  • Michelle Obama, Author, Former First Lady