Accidental fire severely damages Henrietta home

HENRIETTA, N.Y. (WHEC) — A house fire happened around 7:30 p.m. on Sunday on Sussex Road in Henrietta.

HFD says everyone inside the house at the time was able to escape, but were trapped when firefighters got the call. The cause of the fire was accidental, but it damaged the house to be unlivable at this time.

Over 40 firefighters and personnel were there to help put out the fire and search for people inside the home.

As always, HFD thanks people living on the street for shoveling out hydrants so firefighters were able to get to water without delay.