Area pharmacies offering Moderna, Johnson & Johnson boosters
ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WHEC) — Area pharmacies are already offering boosters doses of the Moderna and Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccines.
Eligibility for the two brands of vaccines are not the same. Those who received the Moderna vaccine become eligible six months after their initial series and those who received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine become eligible two months after their initial dose, as long as they meet the other eligibility requirements.
The following people are eligible to get a booster dose at Wegmans Pharmacies:
- People 65 years old and older.
- Residents in long-term care settings.
- People aged 50–64 years with underlying medical conditions.
- People aged 18–49 years with underlying medical conditions, based on their individual benefits and risks.
- People aged 18-64 years who are at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of occupational or institutional setting, based on their individual benefits and risks.
To get a booster at Wegmans, you must reserve an appointment in advance. You can do that online or by phone at 1-800-207-6099 between 2 and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Recipients must bring proof of vaccination with them to their appointment if they didn’t receive their initial series of doses at Wegmans.
Proof of a qualifying condition isn’t necessary, but patients will be asked to self-attest to current CDC eligibility at their appointment.
Other area pharmacies are offering the boosters as well.
For an appointment at Walgreens, click here or call 1-800-WALGREENS.
For an appointment at CVS, click here.
Many area pharmacies began offering Pfizer boosters last month.