Barn is total loss after fire in Phelps

[anvplayer video=”5089177″ station=”998131″]

PHELPS, N.Y. (WHEC) — The Phelps Fire Department posted jaw-dropping photos from a fire early Friday morning.

The Ontario County Sheriff’s Office says a pole barn on Irvin Road caught fire.

The building is a total loss, but no one was inside the barn at the time and no one was hurt.

It took seven fire crews and 15,000 gallons of water to get the flames under control.

Deputies say they believe it was caused by a heater warming oil for a tractor.