Check presentation for Joe Manuse Foundation
GATES, N.Y. (WHEC) — The Monroe County Fire Marshals and Inspectors Association accepted a check Friday from the Monroe County Fire Hockey Group for more than $4,000.
The funds were raised to support the Joe Manuse Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm Foundation. Manuse, a volunteer firefighter in Gates, was known to canvas neighborhoods after a fire to make sure the community had detectors. He died after a reaction to a bee sting in 2019.
The foundation has provided more than 35-hundred smoke and carbon monoxide alarms.
The money comes as fire officials say they’ve seen an increasing number of emergency calls, with non-working or missing alarms.