Community-based COVID-19 vaccination clinics scheduled this weekend
ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WHEC) — There are several community-based COVID-19 vaccination clinics in the Rochester area this weekend.
The Pfizer vaccine is the only COVID-19 vaccine that has been granted emergency use authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for people between the ages of 12 and 17 as well as people 18 and older. The Pfizer vaccine is administered in two doses. Your second appointment will be scheduled when you receive your first dose. The Johnson & Johnson is administered in only one dose.
Those younger than 18 will need a parent or guardian with them in order to get vaccinated.
Saturday, Aug. 28
- Brown Square, 251 Verona St., Rochester: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. This clinic is offering the one-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine for those 18 and older and the Pfizer vaccine for individuals 12 and older. Appointments are encouraged, but walk-ins are welcome. At this back-to-school clinic, thank you gifts for qualifying parents and students are available. Terms of participation are provided at the vaccine clinic site.
- Geneseo Parish Health Ministry’s Annual Health and Wellness Fair, Geneseo United Methodist Church, 4520 Genesee St., Geneseo: 9 a.m. to noon. For more information, call 585-243-3120.
- ROC Summer Soul Fest @ Frontier Field, One Morrie Silver Way, Rochester: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. This clinic is offering the one-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine to individuals 18 and older. No appointments are necessary.
- Seneca County Health Department, 2465 Bonadent Drive, Suite 3, Waterloo: 1 to 3:30 p.m. This clinic is administering third doses of the Moderna or the Pfizer vaccine only to individuals who are moderately to severely immunocompromised. All attendees must complete an attestation form at their appointment. Appointments are encouraged (Moderna appointments and Pfizer appointments), but walk-ins are welcome. For more information, call 315-539-1920.
Sunday, Aug. 29
- Edgerton R-Center, 41 Backus St., Rochester: 1:15 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. Johnson & Johnson and Pfizer. Appointments are encouraged, but walk-ins are welcome. Click here to make an appointment.