Crews respond to underground rubbish fire at Rundel Library
ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WHEC) — An underground rubbish fire sparked a big response from Rochester firefighters.
Smoke alarms went off at the Rundel Memorial Library on South Avenue around 10 p.m. Thursday.
Crews saw heavy smoke but couldn’t find flames at first. A short time later, they found the fire in the tunnels underneath the library about 100 yards away.
It took 400 feet of hoses to get to fire. Other buildings nearby also had smoke, and extra units brought in fans to ventilate buildings.
No injuries were reported.