Deputies: Mendon house fire kills pets, destroys home

MENDON, N.Y. (WHEC) — A Mendon homeowner is mourning the loss of their pets and their home Tuesday night.

The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office says the fire started just before 6:45 p.m. on the 100 block of Amann Road.

The homeowner and sole resident was already outside when first responders arrived, and was not injured.

Deputies say the house is a total loss and "a few pets" were lost in the fire.

Amann Road is shut down at Boughton Hill Road while fire crews continue to work and investigate, according to deputies.