Emmanuel Sanders back to full practice; other Thursday Bills notes
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (WHEC) — The Bills are one day closer to a rematch with the Patriots after falling 14-10 back in Week 13. As they try to navigate reoccurring injury issues amid the recent COVID-19 surge in the NFL, it’s refreshing to know that they might be getting back someone who missed last week’s game against the Panthers: Emmanuel Sanders.
The veteran wide receiver was a full participant in Thursday’s practice after being limited yesterday due to a knee issue. Sanders has a pair of touchdown receptions in two games this year, the last of which came in Week 5.
Though he hasn’t been one of Allen’s go-to targets on a consistent basis, Sean McDermott believes what he brings to the team is invaluable.
"He’s played in this league for a long time and for a reason," McDermott said. "It’s not just because of his on-the-field talent. He’s wired the right way; he works extremely hard. He’s a pro on and off the field and all that that means. Really appreciate his influence on our team."
Other Injury Notes From Thursday:
- Josh Allen – Full (foot)
- Allen has made it clear that he feels good to go and Sean McDermott has reiterated that. There shouldn’t be any concerns about his availability for Sunday’s game.
- Micah Hyde – Limited (back)
- It’s the second straight day the safety wasn’t a full participant. His status for Sunday is unclear.
- Jerry Hughes – Full (neck)
- Hughes made strides after being limited in Wednesday’s walkthrough practice.
- Taiwan Jones – Limited (knee)
- Jones was back out on the field after missing Wednesday’s walkthrough
- Cam Lewis – No Practice (Illness)
- Star Lotuelelei – No Practice (personal)