Fire extinguished after engulfing Geneseo farm shop

[anvplayer video=”5106646″ station=”998131″]

GENESEO, N.Y. (WHEC) — Multiple fire departments extinguished a fire on Monday that engulfed a one-story farm shop and barn in Geneseo. The fire took 40 minutes to control and there were no injuries.

The Geneseo Fire Department received the call at 9:20 p.m. for a fire at 4815 Lakeville-Groveland Road. Later, other fire departments helped to fight the blaze, including Livonia, Lakeville, Cuylerville, York, and Mt. Morris. There was no fire hydrant near the structure, so firefighters had to rely on water tankers on trucks.

The fire destroyed was a farm dump truck and three antique tractors inside the building. Authorities determined that a malfunction in a heating unit was the cause of the fire.