Great New York State Fair reveals food lineup
SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WHEC) — The Great New York State Fair revealed its food lineup Wednesday.
Food creations include:
- The EVERYthing! Sandwich from It’s a Utica Thing!: Utica greens and chicken riggies between two slices of Tomato Pie.
- Code 12 Dead from Fried Specialties: Deep fried, peanut butter, banana, fluffernutter, and bacon topped with drizzled honey and bacon bits in a slice of bacon.
- Byblos Gyro Pizza: A garlic base topped with mozzarella, gyro lamb, romaine lettuce, fresh tomatoes, and Byblos tzatziki sauce.
- The Caramel Apple Pizza from Toss & Fire: Wood-fired roasted New York State apples, crumb topping, caramel sauce, and icing.
- Veggie Empanada from Sarita’s Food: Black beans, corn, sweet peppers, Spanish onions, cilantro and oaxaca cheese, served with a side of lime.
- Vegetarian Greek Beans from Stephen’s Greek Cuisine: Slow cooked in a rich tomato sauce, served with hot pita bread.
Porky’s Pork Palace is making its debut at the fair this year and offering a “BBQ Sundae”: beans, mashed potatoes, meat, and coleslaw, topped with a cherry tomato and BBQ sauce, all served in a sundae cup. It will also serve a “BBQ Split”: pork, creamy coleslaw, mashed potatoes, and plenty of sauce between layers of beef brisket.
The Syracuse-based Oh My Darling + Luna Loca will serve its twist on chicken and waffles: a full chicken breast, deep-fried in a secret breading, served over a Belgian waffle, and topped with a bourbon honey glaze and pickles. They’re also serving Mexican street corn, pimento cheese dip with fried naan, and fried Mexican ice cream.
Beak & Skiff will serve a 1911 frozen blueberry vodka lemonade.
Other highlights include Popparazzi’s new dill pickle kettle corn, Charlie’s lobster fries and the new blueberries and cream doughnut by Peachey’s Baking Company.
The fair runs from Friday, Aug. 20 to Monday, Sept. 6.
To find a particular food or vendor, use the fair’s Fair Food and Vendor Finder.