Greece hotel forced to evacuate due to furnace fire

GREECE, N.Y. (WHEC)— Hotel guests are back in their rooms after being cleared out overnight. There was a fire at the Rochester Airport Marriott on West Ridge road early Tuesday morning.

That’s where many of the pilots and flight attendants sleep.

The flames were in a room on the fifth floor. it was a small fire in the furnace, but firefighters say the hotel had to be evacuated so they could check the property.

They also had to clear out quite a bit of smoke. No injuries were reported. After an hour-long wait in the parking lot everyone was allowed back in.