House fire causes partial roof collapse on Lincoln Street

[anvplayer video=”5116955″ station=”998131″]

ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WHEC) — The Rochester Fire Department is working to tear down a house that caught fire on Lincoln Street on Monday night.

First responders arrived at the house just before midnight after the house’s wooden frame on the second story caught on fire. The one person inside on the 2nd floor escaped with a pet.

During the fire, a portion of the roof collapsed and the chimney fell through. First responders on the scene spent the morning dealing with hot spots.