Monroe County creates appointment reservation system for 3rd dose of vaccine
ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WHEC) — Monroe County created an appointment reservation system for people who are immunocompromised and qualify for a third dose of Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine.
Third doses are available at all Monroe County vaccine clinics.
Those who meet the following criteria are eligible for the booster shot:
- Cancer treatment recipients for tumors or cancers of the blood.
- Organ transplant recipients who are taking medications to suppress the immune system.
- Stem cell transplant recipients who had the treatment within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system.
- People with moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome).
- People with advanced or untreated HIV.
- People who are actively receiving treatment with high-dose corticosteroids, cancer chemotherapy that causes severe immunosuppression, or other medications that may suppress their immune response.
Click here to see vaccine clinics in Monroe County.
Click here to make an appointment.