Monroe County holds public hearing on ‘Plan Forward’ comprehensive plan
ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WHEC) — Monroe County officials say they’re moving on from COVID-19 to address other issues affecting the community.
Last week they announced the first step they’re taking, called "Plan Forward". It’s the first comprehensive plan for Monroe County in decades.
County Executive Adam Bello said it will focus on sustainability, energy supply and local challenges like economic development and easier access to food.
The plan seeks to answer the question "What will Monroe County look like for future generations?"
A public workshop was held Wednesday, March 30 at the Roger Robach Community Center.
"The comprehensive planning effort is generally done on a 10 to 20 years basis. the last comprehensive plan for Monroe County was done in 1979 so we’re quite overdue," said Monroe County Senior Planner Pat Gooch. "But we’re hopeful that this will not be an effort that takes another 40 years to complete."
The county is planning to hold more meetings about the comprehensive plan throughout the year.
Click here for more information.