New RPD command staff appointed Thursday
ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WHEC) — More command changes at the Rochester Police Department were announced Thursday.
Interim Police Chief Cynthia Herriott has appointed the following people to the following positions:
- Andre C. Anderson will serve as our new Executive Deputy Chief (EDC) and will be second-in-command behind Chief Herriott.
- Capt. Gabriel Person will be assigned as Temporary Deputy Chief of the Operations Bureau.
- Lt. Tom Shaw will be assigned as Temporary Deputy Chief of the Administrative Bureau.
- Lt. Elena Correia will be assigned as Temporary Commander of the Administrative Bureau.
- Capt. Dave Smith will be assigned as Temporary Commander of the Patrol Division.
- Capt. John Koonmen will be assigned as Temporary Commander of the Special Operations Division.
- Lt. Henry Favor will be assigned to the Chief’s Office as Chief of Staff.
Anderson has served as a police officer with the Glendale Police Department for more than 29 years. He’s best known for serving as the Interim Police Chief for the City of Ferguson.
Click here to watch an interview with Anderson about his appointment.
The changes come after most members of RPD’s command staff resigned or stepped down from their command positions amid controversy over the death of Daniel Prude.