Party in the Park kicks off despite storms across western NY
ROCHESTER N.Y. (WHEC) — Despite rough weather to start and intense storms to the south, the 2022 season of Party in the Park kicked off on Thursday night.
Appetite for Voltage, a tribute band to Guns N’ Roses and AC/DC, and the Zac Brown Tribute Band performed at Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Park.
Thursday marked the start of the 25th year of Party in the Park. Concerts will be held every Thursday from June 16 to August 11 at MLK Park, 353 Court St., starting at 5 p.m.
This year’s lineup includes alternative band X Ambassadors on July 14. Mayor Malik Evans said the event helps to bring the Rochester community together.
"The live music, world-class talent and the tens of thousands of Rochester music lovers makes Party in the Park a special place to be.” Evans said.
You can get tickets in person or online on the website for Rochester Events. Tickets to attend for each Thursday are $7, with children 12 and under free. You can also buy a season pass for $49 and access to a VIP Ultra Lounge for $32.
Here is the complete lineup for Party in the Park:
• June 16: Hometown Night: Appetite for Voltage; Zac Brown Tribute Band
• June 23: FREE admission: Sammy Rae & the Friends; Bonerama; The Sideways
• June 30: Classic Stones Live featuring the Glimmer Twins; Blind Spots; Tommy Brunett Band
• July 7: Yonder Mountain String Band; Motherfolk; Street Pharmacy
• July 14: X Ambassadors; Colin James; Head to the Roots
• July 21: Melvin Seals; RootsCollider
• July 28: Almost Queen; Shamarr Allen; Pickle Mafia
• Aug. 4: Friends of the Brothers with Peter Levin; Daniel Donato’s Cosmic Country
• Aug. 11: The Seven Wonders; Hello City – Bare Naked Ladies Tribute; JUMBOshrimp