Pastors on Point working to rally Rochester through prayer
[anvplayer video=”5073864″ station=”998131″]
ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WHEC) – They are called Pastors on Point, and they have one mission in mind: To rally the city in city-wide prayers. The organization says this faith needs to be a part of the conversation and is a step to saving the future generations to come.
“We want to give people a sense of hope,” said Pastor Fred Johnson of First Genesis Baptist Church. “We need a community revival and families to return back to the church.”
The local pastor is calling on other pastors across the city and Monroe County to come together.
“Collectively, the pastors think it is absolutely essential that the church come and make ourselves visible and provide what we believe is spiritual guidance and a call to stop the violence for families to be more united,” Johnson said.
Pastors on Point are also reaching out to community organizations such as Uniting and Healing through Monroe County, led by community leader Clay Harris, dedicated to stopping crime.
“It’s very important that we come together as a community to shine a spotlight upon this senseless violence, this carnage that’s been happening throughout Monroe County whether its carjacking or shooting or stabbing – none of this is acceptable,” Harris said.
Together, these community stakeholders have a mission to stand in solidarity and protect Rochester.
“We’re putting a challenge out to all the churches through Monroe County: come out. If you really love your fellow man, if you really care about your neighbor, you will come out. Come with this movement, support us to save lives and souls so we can save generations to come,” Harris added.
Pastors on Point will be making their rounds across the city throughout the month of December. The rallies will run approximately 30 minutes in length.
- Sat., Nov. 27 – The Historic Parsells Church, 1124 Culver Rd., Dr. Carol Garrett at 1 p.m., prayer rally at the church.
- Mon., Nov. 29 – Living Word Church, 449 Chili Ave., Pastor Nathan McGill, at 6 p.m., prayer rally at the church.
- Tues., Nov. 30 – Roc Hope, 575 Hayward St., Apostle Jerrod Brown, at 6 p.m., prayer rally at the church.
- Thurs., Dec. 2 – Helping Hands Missionary Baptist Church, 703 Joseph Ave., Pastor Donald Stevens, at 6 p.m., prayer rally at the church.
- Sat., Dec. 4 – New Horizon Faith Center UMC, 371 Lake Ave., Pastor Patrick Crumity, at 1 p.m., prayer rally at the church.
- Mon., Dec. 6 – Power House Kingdom Cathedral COGIC, 48 Clifton St., Bishop Jeffrey Melvin, at 6 p.m., prayer rally at the church.
- Tues., Dec. 7 – St John Missionary Baptist Church, 37 Edwards St., Pastor Dan Butler, at 6 p.m., prayer rally at the church.
- Thurs., Dec. 9 – Provision Full Gospel Church, 690 North Goodman St., Dr. Johnny Harris, at 6 p.m., prayer rally at the church.